[Sosfbay-discuss] [GPCA-CCWG] Alex Walker Withdrawal from SD26 Campaign

civillib at comcast.net civillib at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 15:12:58 PST 2009

I understand and respect your position, Alex. It's always the candidate's call.

That said, all of the things you mentioned are exactly what we could GENERATE if
there were to be a campaign. Your candidacy gives us a platform to exploit the
budget situation, the Prop 8 flashback to Dems, etc.

Also - and this happened in my first congressional race as campaign manager - a
third party candidate's exposure in a special election gives them a great
opportunity to get publicity and respect from the news media that third parties
do not normally get during "regular" elections.

Further, after the special election run, and because of your familiarity to
press (let alone voters), it gives you a better chance during the regular election.

Still, you give good reasons for not pursuing the goal now. Stay in touch,

Cres