[Sosfbay-discuss] Internment Order Commemoration This Sunday (Feb 15th) in Japantown

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 16:11:28 PST 2009

29th Annual San Jose
Day  of Remembrance
"Witness To  History"
Sunday, February  15, 2009
5:30pm-7:30pm
San Jose Buddhist Church Betsuin
640  North Fifth Street,
San Jose, CA
Free and open to the  public

The Day of Remembrance commemorates the  anniversary of  Executive Order 9066
which led to the forced  incarceration of 120,000 people of Japanese descent,
two-thirds of whom  were American citizens. Each year, we gather to remember
that great  civil liberties tragedy and each one of us reflects on what that
event  means to us today.
The Day of Remembrance is an event that aims to bring  different communities
together in order to build trust, respect and  understanding among all people
and to renew our pledge to fight for  equality, justice and  peace.
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)