[Sosfbay-discuss] Agenda for 2/4/09 meeting

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sat Feb 14 19:38:04 PST 2009

Yes, as I've said numerous times now I'm sure it will be a great event.
And I hope David will allow the Green Party to table at his event.

Green is Coalition!

Drew

On Sat, February 14, 2009 18:21, Paul & Mary Engstrom wrote:
> [...]
>> beginning
>> of the SRK planning meeting, confronted David as if he were a
>> prosecuting attorney accusing David of being an obstinate,
>> incompatible
>> person.
>>
>> Please don't accept Drew's wrong headed account of David Ledesma, his
>> character and motives.
>>
>> Regretting having to intervene,
>>
>> Fred Duperrault
>>

>> Drew
>>
>> Thank you for your clarification re; Ledesma's relationship with Green
>> Party
>>
>> I heard him at a meeting of a peace group I belong to,  where  he
>> described his attitude against military recruitment and I felt he was
>> quite dedicated and seemed to do his actions on an individual basis  I
>> have been a registered Green Party voter for a number of years and
>> before that with other progressive small parties, regretfully none
>> have become major parties.  I thought Ledesma's ideas compatiblewith
>> the Greens, but am sorry he had difficulty cooperating with local
>> Greens.
>>

>> I admire youriniative and energy in developing an Anti-Recruitment
>> Coalition and wish you well .People like you are sorely needed.
>>
>> Have you considered working with Clean Money organization? They work
>> toward public financing of elections and this could benefit the Green
>> Party and other less than affluent parties.
>>
>> Thank you your time and detailed explanation re Ledesma and the Greens
>>
>> With continued hope for democracy and peace for all     Paul
>>
>> 0
>> On Feb 3, 2009, at 10:03 PM, Drew Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Paul, I have no idea who you are and what if any relationship you
>>> have to
>>> the Green Party.
>>>
>>> ...but the facts are that when Jim Doyle, Fred Duperrault and I went
>>> the Veterans for Peace Chapter 101 meeting the general response was
>>> they
>>> would NOT go forward with any coalition that involved David Ledesma
>>> because their experience was that he had to have everything done his
>>> way
>>> and had to have 100% control of it.  I was very shocked that THEY
>>> had such
>>> a negative reaction.
>>>
>>> But then a series of actions on David's part totally seemed to fit
>>> the
>>> behavioral pattern the VfP folks had described.  when I tried to ask
>>> David
>>> about whatever had lead to them having that reaction he wouldn't
>>> respond
>>> to it and started attacking me!   Ah, that's good -- the guy who just
>>> walked off the street (David) is trying to tell party officials how
>>> to run
>>> their business!
>>>
>>> Then he said he didn't want to be part of a Green Party committee or
>>> coalition anymore.  I can live with that.   We have to safeguard our
>>> from outside disruptors, and those who have ill intent towards the