[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: URGENT! Peltier's Safety in Jeopardy!

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Wed Jan 21 23:19:22 PST 2009

Subject: [G-C-F] Fw: [Tierra_y_Vida] URGENT! Peltier's Safety in Jeopardy!
From:    "Linda Piera-Avila" <lindap_a at verizon.net>
Date:    Wed, January 21, 2009 15:02
To:      gplac-forum at lists.cagreens.org
Cc:      cal-forum at cagreens.org

Let's show our Green Party support for Leonard and call, email or write to
one or more of the addresses below.
Thanks.
Linda Piera-Avila
Santa Monica

To: "radical politics people of color" <brownpolitics at yahoogroups.com>,
Tierra_y_Vida at yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 1:42 PM

Forwarded on behalf
of the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee

URGENT! Leonard Peltier's Safety in Jeopardy!

Dear LP Supporters,

I am so OUTRAGED!  My brother Leonard was severely beaten upon his arrival
at the Canaan Federal Penitentiary.  When he went into population after
his transfer, some inmates assaulted him.

The severity of his injuries is that he suffered numerous blows to his
head and body, receiving a large bump on his head, possibly a concussion,
and numerous bruises.  Also, one of his fingers is swollen and discolored
and he has pain in his chest and ribcage. There was blood everywhere from
his injuries.

We feel that prison authorities at the prompting of the FBI
orchestrated this attack and thus, we are greatly concerned about his
safety.  It may be that the attackers, whom Leonard did not even know,
were offered reduced sentences for carrying out this heinous assault.
 Since Leonard is up for parole soon, this could be
a conspiracy to discredit a model prisoner. He was placed in solitary
confinement and only given one meal, this is generally done when you won't
name your attackers; incidentally being only given one meal

seriously jeopardizes his health because of his diabetes. Prison officials
refuse to release any info to the family, but they need to hear from his
supporters to protect his safety, as does President Obama. His attorneys
are trying to get calls into him now.

This attack on LP comes on the heels of the FBI's recent letter, prompting
this attack by FBI supporters as an attempt to discredit LP as a model
prisoner. Anyone who has been in the prison system knows well that if you
refuse to name your attackers or file charges against them, then you lose
your status as a victim and/or given points against your possible parole
and labeled as a perpetrator.

Thank you Betty Peltier-Solano Executive Coordinator

Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee

Call and request Leonard be treated with dignity and
respect. Canaan Federal Prison:

570-488-8000
-----

            Chris Spotted Eagle wrote:> Pursuant to Betty Ann Peltier
Solano's letter about her brother,
> let the Bureau of Prisons know that the public will hold them
> accountable for the safety and wellbeing of Leonard Peltier.

> Warden Ronnie R. Holt, Warden

> USP-Canaan

> U.S. Penitentiary

> 3057 Easton Turnpike

> Waymart, PA 18472

> Phone: 570-488-8000

> Fax: 570-488-8130

> E-mail address: _CAA/EXECASSISTANT@ BOP.GOV

> _

> D. Scott Dodrill, Director

> Northeast Regional Office

> Federal Bureau of Prisons

> 2nd & Chesnut Streets., 7th Floor

> Philadelphia, PA 19106

> Phone: 215-521-7301

> E-mail: _NERO/EXECASSISTANT @BOP.GOV

> _

> Harley G. Lappin, Director

> Bureau of Prisons

> U.S. Department of Justice

> 320 First Street, NW, Room 654

> Washington, DC 20534

> Phone: 202-307-3250

> Fax: 202-514-6878

> Ask President Obama to investigate this incident:

> The Honorable Barack H. Obama

> The White House

> 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

> Washington, DC 20500

> Comments: 202-456-1111

> Switchboard: 202-456-1414

> Fax: 202-456-2461

> E-mail: _http://www.whitehou se.gov/contact/

> _

> -----

Time to set him free... Because it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Friends of Peltier

http://www.FreePelt ierNow.org

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
--------- ----

To subscribe,   send a blank message to freepeltiernow- on at mail-list. com

To unsubscribe, send a blank message to freepeltiernow- off at mail- list.com

To change your email address, send a message to freepeltiernow-
change at mail- list.com

    with your old address in the Subject: line

To contact the list owner, send your message to

   freepeltiernow- list-owner@ mail-list.com

Tierra_y_Vida at yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 1:42 PM

> [...]

> Washington, DC 20500

> Comments: 202-456-1111

> Switchboard: 202-456-1414

> Fax: 202-456-2461

> E-mail: _http://www.whitehou se.gov/contact/

> _

> -----

Time to set him free... Because it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Friends of Peltier

http://www.FreePelt ierNow.org

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
--------- ----

To subscribe,   send a blank message to freepeltiernow- on at mail-list. com

To unsubscribe, send a blank message to freepeltiernow- off at mail- list.com

To change your email address, send a message to freepeltiernow-
change at mail- list.com

    with your old address in the Subject: line

To contact the list owner, send your message to

	      		Recent Activity

       3
      New Members

		Visit Your Group