[Sosfbay-discuss] David Ledesma's 'Stop Recruiting Kids' event March 7th, independent of Green Party

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Jan 30 08:06:07 PST 2009

Drew,
Beyond the particulars of this situation, the fact that he decided to
'dissolve' the political party affiliation needs to be explored more.
It could be instructional for how we approach such future collaborations.

Do we know the rationale?
When GPSCC proposes such colaberation, what is it that we offer...
volunteers? attendees?, media coverage? funding?

Is there something in the way that we do things that needs to be changed?

In the one case that I have been involved in, the initial public meeting
of a citizen's group called "Restore the Delta", the Green Party
co-sponsorship was the key ingredient that made the meeting possible...
we party funded the venue and it was announced that the meeting was
CoSponsored by GPCA to the great surprise of Kalmran Alavi who attended.
Now Restore the Delta is going great guns and I am in the middle of most
of it's decision making because I supported their work at a critical
time.  (Funds requested from GIWG).

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024