[Sosfbay-discuss] Publicizing the Yard Sale and Picnic; Local telephoning outreach opportunity

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 17:16:53 PDT 2009

In discussions about the yard sale and picnic at Wednesday's  GPSCC monthly
general meeting:

1.  Jim Doyle said he would update the GPSCC webpage to  put these events
frunt and center

2.  Someone was going to post forwardable announcements  about each event
with accurate information.  Whoever does this needs to  remember there is a
separate broadcast only "announcments" email list that  also needs to be sent
those message.  (_sosfbay-news at cagreens.org_
(mailto:sosfbay-news at cagreens.org) ?)

3.  Boh of these events are in Sunnyvale.  We know  anecdotally that the
biggest complaint from unconnected GPCA members is that  they "don't hear"
from the party organization.  This is an opportunity to  use the voter
registration database to do telephoning to GP members in Sunnyvale  (also Santa
Clara and Mountain View?).  We need to recruit more people to  get involved with
all the stuff we do (and so we can do more).  Inviting  people to help or
attend with a yard sale, or attend a picnic, is a low key  entry opportunity
for anyone who wants to make the people connection that might  lead to more
organizational involvement.

Warner