[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: [BASC Chat] Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sun Jul 12 09:56:31 PDT 2009

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, Bonnie Klett <bonnieklett at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Bonnie Klett <bonnieklett at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [BASC Chat] Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS
 <js2u at frontiernet.net>, "BASC Chat" <bascchat at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 11:47 AM

Hi all,

In the next couple of months you will be hearing all kinds of
propaganda regarding proposed health care. Scare tactics,
misinformation, and health industry ads against any changes will
abound. Our congressional representatives will rally for and against
new changes. And yet polls say this healthcare reform is a #1
priority with the American public.

For those of you who want to know how we are being manipulated, take
the time to watch this interview with Wendell Potter, a former Cigna
V.P. who after 20 years in the insurance industry where trying to
deny coverage to increase corporate and stock market profits, finally
saw the light and wanted to expose and educate for the sake of the
country, what the insurance industry is doing to discredit any
attempt to change the status quo.

I hope you will find time to watch this webcast, which is a long but
informative 36 minutes, and become aware of what is one of the most
important issues of our lifetime: Our healthcare. Even if you have
wonderful insurance for you and your family, realize we still are
vulnerable. Others close to us may someday lose coverage and
healthcare costs has been the #1 reason for personal bancruptcy,
which in the long run is one of the primary reasons our premiums and
deductibles are going up......and why fewer companies refuse to
provide health coverage.

If you can't watch now please save this for a moment when you have
the time to see an important program.

In the meantime, stay healthy, be informed, and be
proactive... ......this is our country!

http://www.pbs. org/moyers/ journal/07102009 /watch2.html

Bonnie Klett
bonnieklett@ sbcglobal. net