[Sosfbay-discuss] California's One Party with Two Names: Our Grinning 'Leaders'

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 20:59:23 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

One Party with Two Names: Our Grinning 'Leaders'

Screw the Poor, the Frail, Kids, Students, and the Environment

A month late and several billion dollars short, California's Republican
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Democratic Assembly Speaker Karen Bass,
Republican Assembly Leader Sam Blakeslee, and Demcratic Senate Leader
Darrell Steinberg agreed on a budget deal that screws the poor, the
frail, the young, the students, and the environment.

So why are these "leaders" grinning?

Maybe because they are "leaders" of California's One-Party-with-Two-Names?

By the way, in case you are wondering, the pretty lady with the short Afro haircut grinning at Arnold Schwarzenegger is, indeed, Karen Bass, the nation's first African-American woman to serve as speaker of a state assembly. Ms. Bass is the elected representative from *MY* 47th Assembly District in inner-city Los Angeles.?

Alex Walker

READ MORE AND COMMENT AT:

http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-party-with-two-names-our-grinning.html