[Sosfbay-discuss] Upcoming Events & Should We Add a Gathering?

Andrea Dorey andi at wrytor.com
Sun Jun 7 08:08:53 PDT 2009

OK, Colleagues, here's what we've been cooking up—some of us more
than others!

We have Juneteenth coming up on Sat/Sun June 20 & 21 in downtown San
Jose.   (We need volunteers for this great happening!  See Tian to
sign up for a time slot.)

Gay Pride March on Sunday, June 14th in San Jose, 9 - 10 AM.  (We
need volunteers for this event!  Colorful!  Fun!)

Yard Sale at 1683 Nightingale Ave in Sunnyvale on Saturday, July
25th!  ( Fun! Quirky!  Maybe even a raffle!  Food/snacks for
volunteers! Bring sale stuff to keep until July 25th at 1683 Ngale
ASAP!!  Call & leave message for Andrea at cell phone 408-306-1900 or
send email soon!!! )

"Food for Thought" picnic on Saturday, August 22nd—more fun with
Merriam and Caroline—and I do mean FUN!!!!  Volunteers needed!

Three Day Labor Event???  Probably not.

October Green Fair—we're in the driver's seat with Merriam as she
sells tabling rights to other groups concerned with progressive
politics and the environment!!

OK, with all this excitement going on, do we want to toss our Green
hats in the ring to do the next Gathering?  Warner says we have to
make up our minds and get the whole proposal as to location, food,
lodging, budget, sessions, invited speakers, entertainment, etc. by
August.  He also thinks it should be in Jan or Feb 2010.
Anyone interested?  Or are we all tapped out this year?

Let's hear it from y'all!

Andrea