[Sosfbay-discuss] HR 676: Everybody In, Nobody Out?

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 22:14:20 PDT 2009

Recent Development: We are one step closer to all three federal legislators in Santa Clara County supporting HR 676. Lofgren has signed on as a co-sponsor (May 2009), but was not a co-sponsor in the previous Congress (yay, we're making progress!)

Mike Honda has signed on again as a co-sponsor (Feb. 2009).

Eshoo still not signed on and was not a co-sponsor last time. Eshoo is a member of the House Subcommittee on Health within the Committee of Energy & Commerce.

Pete Stark, whose district is up in Fremont, is the Chair of the House Subcommittee on Health in the Committee of Ways & Means, but he has never been a co-sponsor of HR 676 in either the 110th or 111th Congresses.

Both of these subcommittees currently have HR 676 referred to them by the House vote back in January.

Does anybody know where Speier stands on HR 676? (Lantos was a co-sponsor) Also, there are currently no co-sponsors for S.703 (Sanders).

Since Boxer is up for re-election in a little over a year, how are we targeting her to either co-sponsor S.703 or propose companion legislation for HR 676?

-edward