[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: Re: How We Elect Silicon Valley Regional Representatives

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Tue Jun 9 19:31:09 PDT 2009

The County Council might want to consider the efficacy of a Regional Rep
election at this time. For those not plugged into our structure, the Reg Rep
is a person elected from the Santa Clara / San Mateo region to serve on the
state Coordinating Committee.

As decided at last month's state meeting, the current Coordinating Committee
is going to be replaced by a new body. This will likely occur by the end of
the year, or perhaps early next year. Do you really want to put the effort
into organizing an election just to replace me for the last 6 months of the CC?

You might also consider if replacing me - one the the party's best bureaucrats
- during a major re-organization of the party infrastructure is in the best
interest of the party.

This is being driven by Drew. He has harassed me relentlessly since I removed
him from the regional list last year. He's succeeded in running me out of the
local meetings, and is harassing me at state meetings. This is just more of
his pettiness.

Jim