[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: Re: How We Elect Silicon Valley Regional Representatives

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sat Jun 13 14:23:48 PDT 2009

Jim Stauffer wrote:
> This is being driven by Drew. He has harassed me relentlessly since I
> removed him from the regional list last year. He's succeeded in running
me out of the local meetings, and is harassing me at state meetings.
This is just more of his pettiness.

What utter rubbish.

Well I feel saddened that after an apparent point of positive movement by
Jim Stauffer to find it in his heart to work out a compromise w/ his
archenemy Mike Feinstein at the Venice Beach Plenary and (after some
uncalled for angry and aggressive behavior against me) ending the Plenary
in relative peace towards his fellow Greens including me, now writes this
garbage.  I thought we might be moving forward but I guess not.

No Jim, you were the one who announced that you didn't want to do this job
any more and you are the one who has failed to come to but one General
Meeting for almost a year now.  Those are your choices entirely
independent of me.  While its true that in complete pettiness you threw me
off the regional e-mail list and have failed to reinstate me, treating the
list and your positions as a petty tyrant, I have hardly raised a finger
to 'run you out'.  The factionalism you've participated in with Jo
Chamberlain and the Peter Camejo (R.I.P.) and Naderite / anti-Mike
Feinstein fanatics has run its course and now has very little support in
the party.  You find yourself increasingly isolated and your unGreen
angry, tyrannous, arbitrary behavior unaccepted in the Green Party as it
should never have been.

One of the first things you ever said to me when I came to a Green Party
meeting was to the effect that politics is a rough business and that if
people can not handle the heat they should not be in politics.  Since that
has apparently been your operating philosophy I guess that may mark your
exit from the Greens as well.  My preference would be that you just make
peace w/ the Greens around you including me but if a simple 'I'm sorry' is
just a phrase you can't ever bear to utter (unlike me since I've
apologized to you a number of times for things I did I didn't feel good
about later), and you find yourself unable to evolve, its much better for
the sake of the Party and all involved that you find another way for your
political involvement.  All the beaureaucratic skill and talent in the
world is destroyed by inability to play well with others.  We can witness
the exact same principle with Mike Feinstein himself.

Green is Negotiation!

Drew