[Sosfbay-discuss] Strategy Meeting

Ray Tobey green at bionictoad.com
Thu Mar 26 10:52:14 PDT 2009

alexcathy at aol.com wrote:
> Dear Ray,
>
> Thank you for posting this.
>
> I downloaded your commentary, reformatted it into a Word document and
> saved it in a special folder that I keep for unusually helpful
> commentary. Are you going to attend the campaign strategy sessions
> down here this weekend?  This is good stuff.  I think 2010 will be a
> good year for Greens but we really have to think these things through
> and devote a full year to really getting it together for the campaigns.
>

> Alex Walker

Reluctantly, I decided not to attend the strategy meeting. I offered to
make a presentation on a new strategic approach - that of learning how
to win elections and preparing to do so. My offer was firmly rejected.
(Synopsis of presentation here <http://cagreens.pbwiki.com/march-tools>)

I think the meeting's agenda focuses on goals far beyond the Party's
ability to achieve at present. With Green campaigns scoring fewer votes
than ever and our registration falling, this agenda seems like a
deliberate look away from important questions and looming problems.

Since I can't say "here's another way", I'd be left saying "please don't
do this." That would make me very frustrated and would probably annoy
others. So I'm planning not to go.

- Ray