[Sosfbay-discuss] Scott Horton on Torture Wed, Noon, "Courting Condi" April 6

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:13:40 PDT 2009

   You may remember last December's Harper's cover showing Bush and
Cheney in jail.  The article, "Justice after Bush: Prosecuting an outlaw
administration" can be read here:  http://www.harpers.org/archive/2008/12/0082303

   “The Justice Department itself was the center of the crime scene” Horton
has said.   On Wednesday he'll be at Stanford Law School, room 280A,
12:30.

    "Courting Condy," a film about Condi Rice, will be shown Monday, April 6th.
Billed as the "first ever musical docu-tragi-comedy", it's about a fantasy
romance and real crimes.  I've seen extracts from the serious side of it.
They're devastating.

   The film-maker will be there, and food. I've been assured that everyone
is welcome.  April 6, 7pm at the Havana Room in the Graduate Community Center,
750 Escondido Road, Stanford, CA.

    Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0_kmEl060

    (From Embarcadero, turn left at the stop sign onto Campus Drive.  At the
gas station go straight.  Turn left on Escondido road.  It's on the right.
Parking is free at that hour, but you may have to walk quite a distance
so come early--or bicycle!)