[Sosfbay-discuss] Prop 8 Day of Decision events this Tuesday, May 26

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Sat May 23 17:54:34 PDT 2009

FYI, some basic info on three Santa Clara County events.

See www.dayofdecision.com for more cities and events.

When the CA Supreme Court announces their decision on Proposition 8, we must act! We are calling you to join us for a rally in celebration or protest on the day of the decision. Protests will occur nationwide and our voices will be heard! We hope that we will come together in celebration, but must know that even in celebration we have many more battles to win and need to unite on the day of decision in one loud voice.

San Jose:

March from Plaza de Cesar Chavez to San Jose City Hall, meeting at 6:00 PM with step off at 6:30 PM.  Contact: Gloria Nieto at glorianieto at comcast.net

Palo Alto, 2 events:

Rally: 11:00 AM at corner of El Camino Real and Embarcadero (across from Stanford University entrance at Galvez/El Camino).  Contact: info at raginggrannies.com

Candle Light Vigil: 6:00 to 8:00 PM.  The Peninsula Marriage Equality Coalition will be hosting a candle light vigil and/or celebration at the corner of Embarcadero and El Camino the evening of the decision.  Contact: larry.lanoue at gmail.com