[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Approaching 5,000]

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Sun May 24 21:21:15 PDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Approaching 5,000
Date: 	Thu, 21 May 2009 13:06:12 -0700
From: 	david ledesma <svtriathlete at hotmail.com>

As of today, May 21, 2009, U.S. Troop deaths:
        Iraq = 4,299
   Afghanistan = 686
       TOTAL = 4,985

     Iraqi's: 1,200,000+
**
*
The Saturday and Sunday AFTER the 5,000th death is reported, join _One
Voice!_ <http://www.one-voice.info> at the corner of Stevens Creek &
Winchester for an End The Occupations Of Iraq And Afghanistan NOW protest.

Three years ago corporate media polls showed 62% of Americans wanted all
U.S. troops out of Iraq within one year.  That was THREE years ago!

Today it is estimated over 160,000 U.S. troops remain in Iraq (including
210,000 private military contractors).  President Obama is keeping his
promise of escalating Afghanistan by 30,000 more U.S. troops.  And as
promised during a campaign debate, President Obama has extended the
violence of the occupations into Pakistan.

We must take this message to our community:
STOP THE KILLING!
All U.S. troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan NOW!
Reparations to the Iraqi and Afghan people!
Full medical benefits for all U.S. combat troops!
Stop Militarizing Our Youth!
Free Palestine!

David Ledesma, One Voice! <http://www.one-voice.info>

Please Distribute Widely!

*
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_WhatsNew1_052009>
Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Mobile1_052009>

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org