[Sosfbay-discuss] People and Climate Change

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Wed Nov 18 14:50:56 PST 2009

Gerry Gras wrote:

> I recently attended an MIT event in Santa
> Clara about clean energy.  It would appear
> from what they said that MIT is heavily
> involved in research for clean energy.
> One professor said that in his research he
> is looking for short term benefits because
> global warming is urgent.
>
> Bill McKibben's October 24th action, through
> 350.org, was pretty big, over 5200 events
> in 181 countries.
>
> FWIW, a lot of climate science is funded by
> the U.S. government.
>
> It appears to me that world generally agrees
> on the need to do something.  The tricky part
> is how much needs to be done, and by whom,
> and who pays for it.

A lot of people don't know that Palo Alto could be the only place
where local government provides electricity, water AND internet.

Mountain View is more of a "normal California city" with power from PG&E
water from local government, and internet from various private vendors.
--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org