[Sosfbay-discuss] Inquiry on behalf of the GPUS Delegation re Hosting the 2012 ANm/QPNC

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 14:20:13 PST 2009

Congradulations to all involved in organizing a March 2010  GPCA Plenary...
 I'm sorry I missed the November meeting (short  story:  Did not get out of
the house until after it was dark, tripped and  fell a few blocks from my
house and did not feel it was safe for me to continue  walking to the
meeting).

As some of you are aware, I am one of the California Delegates  to the
Green Party of the United States (GPUS) National Committee (GNC).   The GNC
consists of delegates from each of the state GPs that affiliate with the  GPUS.
The GPUS holds an annual in-person meeting once a year (ANM) and a
presidential nominating convention (QPNC) every four years.  Some  conversations
have begun whether the 2012 combined ANM/QPNC might be held in  California.

What is needed to continue those discussions is to identify a  possible
host location.  Another Delegate is making inquiries about San  Francisco.
Greg Jan of Alameda County has indicated tht Alameda County  does not have
individuals interested in doing the work necessary to identify a  site and
otherwise prepare a proposal.  I have been asked to discuss this  issue with
Santa Clara County activists.

The local hosts would primarily have the responsibility to  identify a
possible site, coordinate housing issues, and provide some local  knowledge and
support workers during the meeting period (Wednesday evening  program;
meetings and workshops through Sunday noontime; probably early  July).  The GPUS
would be responsible for expenses, credentialling voting  delegates, media
work and setting most of the events and meetings  schedule.  Any proposal
would have to be approved by the GNC, but the sense  is that if California
submitted a proposal it would likely be  accepted.

I would appreciate questions and comments being posted for  discussion on
this list.  The next Delegation monthly teleconference is the  3rd Tuesday in
December, so I would like to have this put on the agenda for our  next
general meeting.

Warner