[Sosfbay-discuss] Michael Moore: Begging Obama on Afghanistan

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 07:49:09 PST 2009

Posted on California Greening, Monday, November 30, 2009.
Michael Moore: Begging Obama on Afghanistan
by Alex Walker

In 2004, Michael Moore and Bill Maher got on their knees on nationaltelevision to beg Ralph Nader not to run for president again. Six yearslater, Mr. Moore is begging Democratic President Barack Obama *NOT* toescalate the war in Afghanistan. Behold the difference betweenRepublicans and Democrats -- when Democrats are in power we get to begon our knees facing the White House.

Do you really want to be the new "war president"? If you goto West Point tomorrow night (Tuesday, 8pm) and announce that you areincreasing, rather than withdrawing, the troops in Afghanistan, you arethe new war president. ...

Michael Mooere's "Open Letter to President Obama"is a good letter. It is also a sad letter. It is sad that in 2010 aftereight years of war that such a letter is even necessary. . .

Please Read the Full Text and Leave a Comment at my blog:

California Greening:
  http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2009/11/michael-moore-begging-obama-on.html