[Sosfbay-discuss] Michael Moore: Begging Obama on Afghanistan

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:56:03 PST 2009

  Obama has been the new War President since his third day in office when his
Hellfire strikes from the Predators violated the sovereignty of a nation that was
no military threat to us and killed a dozen civilians in Pakistan.

  In doing so he declared his contempt for international law and made his bones
as a gangster.  US media such as WaPo have told us that it was OK to do this
because we had a secret agreement with the Pakistani government and its
protests were phony.  This is very poor precedent even if it's true because
there's an obvious potential for abuse of the claim of secret agreements
between the sole superpower and a third-world state--particularly when the
superpower's media have a history of excessive credulity with respect to
government claims.