[GPSCC-chat] Prop 14 Bookmarks [WAS Agenda for April meeting]

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sun Apr 11 15:08:27 PDT 2010

I raised concerns about this at the monthly meeting. To repeat, this simply
isn't an accurate statement on Prop 14. What the proponents say is not
accurately stated. The "Facts" are not correct. And the position points of the
'No on 14' coalition are not being reflected.

ballotpedia.org is not the best source. StopTopTwo.org and
cagreens.org/erwg/Prop14/ would be much better. I suggest rewriting from these
sources.

Particularly aggravating is the reference to Republicans and Democrats
opposing this. As I said, they're not advertising their opposition because
other opponents to this are anti-two-party. Hearing Republicrats oppose it
will make them vote for it. As an example, the Mercury News ran an editorial
supporting Prop 14 and specifically mentioned that the Republicrats oppose it.

Take the time to do this right. Going out as it is will work against us.

If people are interested in a small flyer, a quarter sheet handout has just
been added to http://cagreens.org/erwg/Prop14/.

Jim