[GPSCC-chat] Brian Good's Relentless Attacks on Kevin Barrett

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Mon Apr 12 06:47:35 PDT 2010

Brian Good was banned from the Northern California 9/11 Truth
Alliance meetings and our e-mail list.  He attended our last meeting,
when Kevin Barrett and his wife, Fatna were there.  They had been
invited to join us for a potluck dinner prior to the meeting.  Brian
wore black and a giant V for Vendetta mask, and at some point rudely
verbally attacked Dr. Barrett, and of course he gave his
flyer/handout to all who would take them, when they left the meeting.

Brian's behavior surprised and shocked people.  Kevin didn't try to
defend himself verbally, especially since he had spoken before Brian
came and we had already had a lengthy dialogue with him, and whatever
issues/questions the group had about Kevin's work had already been answered.

I felt badly about all the relentless attacks Brian has launched
against Kevin and William Rodriguez, who have probably helped the
truth movement more than Brian, who has probably harmed the truth
movement more than they have.  I also was late for the dinner (which
Ken Jenkins and I were hosting)  It took me an hour and forty-five
minutes to get to Berkeley- so I was an hour late with much of the food...

I did go to Sacramento on Saturday to have brunch with Kevin and his
wife, and local activists and to attend Kevin's 2nd talk at a private
home in the suburbs of Sacramento organized by Sacramento's Peace
Pyramid which was webcasted and is posted on
<http://noliesradio.org/archives/14447>http://noliesradio.org/archives/14447
No Lies Radio.

People in Sacramento were shocked when Brian came and leafletted
outside of the library where Kevin Barrett spoke on Friday night, but
they were even more shocked when he showed up to leaflet in front of
the private home where Kevin gave his 2nd talk.  That event was also
a potluck, and I went with a local organizer and Kevin's wife and we
were a bit late- it started at 5 pm.  They had already contacted the
police and it was legal for Brian to leaflet on the sidewalk where he
stood from before 5 pm to probably 1 am in the morning (when it was
freezing cold).

People felt that he was mentally disturbed.

Kevin, his wife Fatna, organizers from Sacramento, after everyone
left the event, went out and tried to speak reasonably with
Brian.  They realized he was a very lonely guy and obviously obsessed
with his delusions.  They were compassionate and Brian was very rude,
to say the least, although Brian did manage to talk Kevin out of the
last copy of the new edition of Questioning the War on Terror: A
Primer for Obama Voters (Kevin had run out of books- people who had
attended the Saturday night event had had to order them through
Fatna) - so Brian actually got Kevin's only last hard copy, but Brian
made a nasty joke about "Musliming Kevin down" on the price and
giving him $5 instead of the $10 standard price.

a restraining order against Brian.  Fatna, Kevin's wife, had, during
the stressful time of Kevin's run for Congress taken out a
restraining order against Kevin (which Brian was quick to blast all
over the internet).  Fatna explained to me that she had done it to
keep Kevin away, because she loved Kevin still and knew if he spoke
to her, he would woo her back, which is precisely what happened, he
sent her flowers and she ended up getting back together with
him.  This was her first tour with him, where she had a chance to
meet a lot of the other activists and she was favorably impressed
(despite Brian) and has even said that she would allow Kevin or
support him to run for Congress again.  She is quite a strong,
powerful, wonderful person and you can hear her in the webcast of the
Sacramento event (probably) as she also spoke at that event.  She
told me what a pain in the neck the restraining orders are, and how
one must tell the police every time whoever is given the restraining
order attempts communication, or whoever issues the restraining order
is legally in trouble.  My husband urged me to call the police when I
was getting death threats, and I really didn't like having to go over
the whole experience with the police, and the follow-up.  I also
didn't take legal action when the police pulled me over when I was
driving south on 101, held my 16 year old son and me at gunpoint,
handcuffed me and held me in the back of a police car for 5- 10
minutes, while trying to figure out whether my son (still in braces)
and me had committed armed robbery at midnight in Santa Rosa (just
following the 4th night of the successful premiere of Barrie
Zwicker's documentary- The Great Conspiracy- The 9/11 News Special
You Never Saw.  Barrie had also had the resource guides that he had
shipped to me intercepted at the border, to be replaced by hardback
books in Russian entitled "Paradise Lost."  Barrie and I figured that
the interception of materials and the handcuffing were not too subtle
messages from those who had the ability to quench dissent to let us
know that our actions were being monitored and were not appreciated.
(I organized the first Citizen's International Inquiry into 9/11 in
the US, and Barrie organized the 2nd one in Toronto).  I don't want
to have to deal with police/the courts unless I have to- it's a
colossal drain on one's time and energy.

A lot of people think Brian is Cointelpro- although I don't, but I
think he does "behave" that way and should be getting a stipend from
whatever division in the government that in charge of neutralizing dissent.

It should be pretty clear to those on this list that I have stopped
going to Green Party meetings/events because I don't want to see or
have to deal with Brian, because of his delusions, his complete lack
of trust of me, his relentless persecution of Kevin and
William.  Certainly I would have run for Congress again, if it wasn't
for him and his obsessive monitoring of my every action and
words.  It's hard enough for me to challenge militarism without
having to fight with the people I work with, so I am only doing my
activism where I feel comfortable/safe with the people I am working
with.  I realize that the Green Party will not oust a volunteer nor
am I asking it to oust Brian, but I will do my political work where I
don't have to run into him, whenever possible.  It infuriates me when
he stalks me and photographs me when I'm trying to table.

I wish the moderators would not allow him to use this list to vent
his animosity towards Kevin Barrett and William Rodriguez, which I
still believe is rooted in his feelings/not his brain.  I think
Brian's judgement is very questionable and I have no doubt that he
condemns me for most of my judgements/actions.  I'm sure he'll
respond to this email- but I don't want to waste any more of my time
on him.  I plan to continue to ignore/avoid him, as best I can.

My apologies to the group for not attending the meetings- if Brian
does stop attending them - I might start going again.

Carol Brouillet