[GPSCC-chat] FW: SB 810 Action Alert

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:59:10 PDT 2010

Calling all health care fans.

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:57:00 -0400
From: dbechler at value.net
To: snug.bug at hotmail.com
Subject: SB 810 Action Alert

        Message body

                    SB 810 Action Alert

                    Please Contact 3 Assembly Members Today
                    On Wednesday, August 4, SB 810, the California Universal Healthcare Act, moved closer to an Assembly floor vote.
                    The Assembly Appropriations Committee voted to move SB 810 into the suspense file  This is a good thing. By Friday, August 13, Assembly leaders must decide to move SB 810 from the suspense file to a floor vote in the Assembly.
                    We need everyone to contact 3 Assembly Members.
                    Please contact the Chair of the Appropriations Committee Felipe Fuentes, Assembly Speaker John Perez, and your Assembly Member. You can find your Assembly Member here.
                    Please encourage legislators to pass SB 810, the California Universal Healthcare Act.
                    SB 810 would deliver comprehensive healthcare to everyone and it would save Californians tens of billions of dollars. It will do what the national health plan does not - cover everyone and contain health care costs.  It will set the standard for the rest of the nation.
                    You can send a letter to various legislators to

                    Their name

                    State Capitol

                    Sacramento, CA 95814
                    Assembly Speaker John Perez can be called at 916-319-2046.

                    Assembly Member Fuentes can be called at 916-319-2039 or emailed at Assemblymember.Fuentes at assembly.ca.gov

                    Your Assembly Member can be contacted by going here.
                    We encourage you to forward this message. And if you can, we will accept your financial contribution to support the campaign for universal healthcare.
                    Please let us know if you have contacted the legislators.

                    ___ Yes, I have encouraged the Assembly Member to support SB 810.  My Assembly Member is ________________________

                    ___ I have forwarded this message.

                    ___ I can help call our phone tree to alert our activists who do not have email. I will send you names and a script.  Send me __ 10 names, __ 25 names, or more ____

                    ___ I would like to make a financial contribution. To contribute online please click here.
                    Or you can send a contribution to

                    Single Payer Now

                    PO Box 460622

                    San Francisco, CA 94146
                    Thank you,

                    Don Bechler

                    Chair - Single Payer Now

                    www.singlepayernow.net

                    415-695-7891

                    Single Payer Now and California Alliance for Retired Americans returning from lobbying for SB 810 on August 4.

                                Single Payer Now survives on the generosity of our supporters.

                                Please consider making a donation.
                                www.SinglePayerNow.net | 415-695-7891 | dbechler at value.net
                                You have received this email through your subscription to Single Payer Now's email list. If you did not subscribe, or would no longer like to receive email updates unsubscribe here.