[GPSCC-chat] Pat LaMarche at plenary

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 23 20:19:18 PDT 2010

Hello Fellow Greens!

Please forward this announcement to your lists - I will be posting to
the CC,
CCWG, GROW, Media, RegisterGreen, Cal-Forum, all of our candidates,
and County Contacts. Thank you!

At the Plenary on Sept 11th in Fullerton (registration link coming soon)
 we are thrilled to have a number of Green Candidates participate in a Press
 Conference at noon, a Candidate Forum at 12:55 where we will hear from our
candidates about their campaigns, and then a strategy session at 1:55
where we
 can have an exchange of ideas with them. The candidates that have
RSVP'd so far are:

Linda Piera-Avila (Assembly 41st Distr.), Lisa Green (Assembly 53rd
Distr.),
Jack Lindblad (39th Distr.), Jane Rands (Assembly 72nd Distr.),
Duane Roberts (US Senate), Kit Crittenden (State Treasurer),
and Laura Wells (Governor).

Please view our latest Elections update on the website home page!.
www.cagreens.org <http://www.cagreens.org>

Additionally, we will have a special Key-Note Speaker - Pat LaMarche -
for the Saturday evening festivities. See the information below. Thank you!

Why We Object, Why We Run, Why We Care
by Pat LaMarche on Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 3:18pm

National Green Party activist Pat LaMarche to address California Greens!

We cordially invite all California Greens and active progressives to be
part of
Green Party history! This is to personally invite you to attend upcoming
California
Green Party Plenary, held in Fullerton, September 10-12.

California Greens will be there; delegates, to perform mundane yet
significant state
 Green Party business; candidates, to seek your vital support for local,
state and federal
political campaigns; activists, to promote important issues; and local
citizens from all over
California, to actively work to achieve California Green Party mission
of ecological sustainability,
 non-violence, social justice and grassroots democracy.

Pat LaMarche has graciously agreed to come to California Green Party
Plenary! Pat is 2004
Vice Presidential running mate with California's David Cobb, unable to
attend, due to a work
commitment in Texas. Twice Green Party Maine Governor candidate and
local activist,
Pat LaMarche writes a political column for Bangor News, which is heard
all over America.

Pat LaMarche directs Safe Harbour of Cumberland County, one of
Pennsylvania's largest
 homeless shelters. She's expressed Green Party activism in work,
writings, at the polls, and
across many kitchen tables. Poster child for Green Party advocacy, Pat
LaMarche wants to
talk with you!

California Green Party leadership runs business of Fullerton Plenary,
and Orange County Greens
 are pleased to be hosts, to which all Greens and active progressives
are invited. Pat LaMarche
will speak at a special Saturday event. But she'll make herself
available to all, during entire Plenary;
to talk, listen, and seek your active involvement in Green Party's future!

Saturday Evening event will be held at famed Fullerton Ballroom
 http://www.fullertonballroom.com/, site of California Green Party State
Assembly.
Pat LaMarche will speak on Green activism--at the polls, in the
workplace, in our homes.
As a single mother, Pat can also speak to critical importance of Green
Party message of
Feminism and youth rights. Event is planned as follows:

1. 6:30pm video presentation; "On the Edge", applauded, pre-release
documentary on homelessness.

2. 8:00pm Pat LaMarche, selected Green Party candidates to speak.

3. 9:30pm Equality dance in the Imperial Ballroom.

Suggested donation is $20 for all three, $10 for one or two events.
Noone will be turned
away at the door for lack of funds. Downtown Fullerton has rich variety
of restaurants and
coffee bistros, a great destination for evening of activism, dining,
entertainment and fun!
Downtown Fullerton is mass transit available from everywhere in California!

With recent untimely Prop. 14 passage, Big Money election campaigns,
declining party
membership, there's much about which California Green Party members can
complain.
But as we'll hear Pat LaMarche and other California Greens proclaim,
there're many reasons
to be excited, optimistic, and forward thinking. Come join the action,
and be part of California
Green Party activist solution!

We look forward to see you at California Green Party Fullerton Plenary!

Best,

Sandy Stiassni

Host Committee member

Orange County Greens

714-269-7225

--
Sanda Everette, cochair GPCA delegation to GPUS

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for
what you don't want and get it.
Eugene V. Debs