[GPSCC-chat] Current reading

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Dec 19 08:52:07 PST 2010

It may seem like a rush to judgment, but I will recommend a book for all
to read after completing less that half of it (220 of 528 pages).

I'm currently reading "Even Silence Has an End" by Ingrid Betancourt.
You may remember that Betancourt was the Green Party candidate for
President of Columbia when she was captured and held hostage by the
FARC.   This book tells of her 6 and a half years of captivity in
Columbia's jungles and her final rescue.

More that a mere chronicle of events, or a political statement,
Betancourt has written a spiritual memoir detailing her times of self
examination and her effort to not merely survive, but to survive with
her soul intact.

There are 13 copies in the Santa Clara County Library
<http://sccl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1423594016_even_silence_has_an_end>
system and the reserve list is currently at 25.