[GPSCC-chat] Current reading

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Dec 19 11:31:03 PST 2010

Spencer,

Life is complex.  Viewpoints differ.  Screen Rashomon
<http://sccl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1009008016_rashomon>.

What she relates is her personal spiritual journey and always trying to
learn from her own mistakes.

One key scene in the book comes when she has a Bible to read and ponders
the meaning of the story of the Wedding at Cana.  Why did Jesus not
immediately accede to his Mother's request for more wine?  Because he
had a choice... as we all do, every day.

The book makes almost no points about policy other than the fact that
she ends up be very anti--FARC from the view that you can not win over
the people of a country by acting as terrorists against the people
themselves while financing your terrorism with drug money.

Wes