[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Morgan Hill's Greenbelt and Farmlands]

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Feb 17 13:51:57 PST 2010

For those list members in South County

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Morgan Hill's Greenbelt and Farmlands
Date: 	Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:49:49 -0800 (PST)
From: 	Thrive! Morgan Hill <thrivemh at verizon.net>
To: 	wrolley at charter.net

Dear Mr. Rolley,

You may be aware of the Public Workshop taking place tomorrow evening
(Thurs., Feb. 18 at 7 p.m. at the Community and Cultural Center)
regarding the future of Morgan Hill's greenbelt and farmlands.  The
decisions  concerning the greenbelt and farmlands will be the most
important and enduring this City Council will make in the name of our
community. To allow for development to eventually replace most of the
remaining farmlands located in the south of Morgan Hill (east of Hwy 101
to Maple Ave.), an area which serves as our greenbelt border with San
Martin, will have long-term irrevocable consequences.

Thrive! Morgan Hill believes we must carefully manage these remaining
lands to avoid the fate of so many other cities in Santa Clara County
that have lost their greenbelt borders and farmlands to development.
Thrive! Morgan Hill is a local group of residents that supports balanced
choices for our city to ensure its long-term sustainability. Our mission
is to work constructively with the wide array of Morgan Hill community
interests to find solutions to some of the challenges facing our city.
We favor options that balance the environment, economy, and community.

For more information on our group, you can visit our website at:

http://www.thrivemorganhill.org/

For further information on the Workshop, you can view the City's Public
Notice at:

http://www.morganhill.ca.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=3297

We need your support in reminding City Council that farmlands and the
greenbelt are an important
part of the city’s future - not just ours, but those of many future
generations to come.  We hope you will be able to attend this very
important meeting.

Regards,
Julie Hutcheson
Thrive! Morgan Hill

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better
 and you don't,

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024