[Sosfbay-discuss] Is Tesla Nuts? Press Conference in Menlo Park Saturday Jan. 9

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sat Jan 9 12:05:48 PST 2010

Why is it that we Greens always seem to end up on the wrong side of
good projects?  I don't get this latest furor.
Tesla is using the Roadster to finance the electrical system they
will use for not only the mid-size electric car for the public, but
also a low-end electric car for the rest of us.  Telsla did a great
run around Detroit's stranglehold on electric car production and even
got money out of Obama for their EVs.   And BTW these cars are
driving around all over the Bay Area, proving that a decent electric
car CAN be built despite the mythology put out there by the guys
making carloads of dough on the ICEs polluting our air, water,
oceans, ad infinitum.

What the h*ll has Detroit (gag) or for that matter Toyota and Honda
done for the electric car?  I mean AFTER they crushed and buried in
the desert the EVs they were FORCED to produce by CA emissions
regulations—which they were able to trash by federal mandate
immediately afterwards?

Then there's the high speed rail ruckus and the BART extension
objections and the free parking objections!  Ya' like walking or
riding your bikes in high levels of pollution rather than letting the
elderly and the poor and the working stiffs get a break with lower
fees and improved infrastructure?  Oh, and wasn't there a resistance
to a state/federal plan of solar panels for public works because you
all thought it should be done by individuals?  Or do I have that one
wrong too?

I'll bet you guys would have fought against WPA because it was a
"waste" of federal tax money!
Sometimes good things get done by ratty rich people and not so great
methods.
Like I say, I don't get this.  Are we Greens or Libertarians?
<sigh>
Andrea