[GPSCC-chat] Telling It Like it Is in Silicon Valley

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Fri Jul 9 12:00:47 PDT 2010

I guess I’m one of those long term unemployed people. I left AOL at 40 a
decade ago, I’ve still not found work in the field. Part of that is I
wanted to be an activist, but part is that none of the things I used to
do are still being done. I probably could learn some new job, but there
just doesn’t seem to be enough need for that…

alexcathy at aol.com wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Sometimes you find something posted on the Internet that tells your own
> story better than you could tell it yourself. A big thanks to my friend,
> Carole Hanisch for sending me the link to the article by Dave Johnson of
> Redwood City, California below. I was a professional computer programmer
> for twenty-two years in Virginia, New York, and Massachusetts before
> settling in California's so-called Silicon Valley just in time for the
> big crash of 2000.

(snip)

> * Posted on Campaign for America's Future, July 7, 2010
> Too Old For A Job, Too Young For Medicare Or Social Security
> <http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010072707/too-old-job-too-young-medicare-or-social-security>
> by Dave Johnson *

(snip)

--