[GPSCC-chat] Sub Zero in San Jose & Tian's Graphic Expertise...

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Jun 15 03:05:10 PDT 2010

       I agree with Tian that our home page could be more like a cover /
table of contents.  However, rather than a magazine with input
restricted to insiders, I suggest we create a Green Wiki with Wikinews,
etc.  If we get Libertarians modifying our stuff, GREAT!  Readers would
come to watch (and sometimes join) the virtual food fight.  Anyone can
write a story for Wikinews.  We could allow anyone (even anti-Greens) to
write a story for our Green Wikinews.  Like the main Wiki and Wikinews,
if we don't like it, we change it.

       If we get malicious modifications, the Wiki process allows us to
limit edit rights to only selected individuals.  We control who gets on
our Wiki editorial staff to referee the action.  People who don't like
what is said can still provide commentary on "Talk" pages behind each page.

       I think it would be great if we could, at least for some issues,
split the display into two or three columns:  The right hand column
would be a right wing perspective.  We might even invite some
Libertarians to edit that.  With two columns, the left hand side would
present our perspective.  With three columns, the left hand side could
be for allegations for which we can't find much evidence -- but which
are not libelous -- and the middle would be our main position, nuanced
to either provide references and links, similar to Wikipedia, or
comments like in Wikipedia, "needs references" -- or calls for honest
research on such issues.

       Spencer