[GPSCC-chat] [Fwd: [wcevents] Upcoming events at World Centric]

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Tue Mar 9 16:32:12 PST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[wcevents] Upcoming events at World Centric
Date: 	Mon, 8 Mar 2010 19:28:45 -0800
From: 	Aseem Das <aseem at worldcentric.org>
To: 	<wcevents at worldcentric.org>

We have a couple of events coming up in March and as well hosting a 5
week course on Stress Management in April.  Hope you can join us.
 Details below

1.  *SING IN SPRING: AN EQUINOX SINGING CIRCLE,* SUNDAY, MARCH 21, 7PM
 - FREE!  -   All voices are invited to join a "vocal voyagers" singing
circle! we will all join voices and blend together to create an instant
choir. we will travel mostly without words, using tones, meldoies,
harmonies, and rhythms to create together. Everyone can join in at their
own comfort level, no solos necessary. movement encouraged!

The evening will be partly free-form, and partly facilitated by Glenn
Smith and friends. Glenn has been leading "vocal voyagers" singing
circles for five years, mostly in santa cruz.  More info by calling
Glenn at 831-454-6342 or at _www.soundseeds.com_
<outbind://628/www.soundseeds.com>, or  myspace.com/glennsmith1

Crude2.  *Film:  CRUDE: The Real Price of Oil*, FRIDAY, MARCH 26,
7PM.    This highly acclaimed and award winning documentary is the epic
story of one of the largest and most controversial environmental
lawsuits on the planet. The inside story of the infamous “Amazon
Chernobyl” case, /Crude/ is a real-life high stakes legal drama, set
against a backdrop of the environmental movement, global politics,
celebrity activism, human rights advocacy, the media, multinational
corporate power, and rapidly-disappearing indigenous cultures. The
landmark case takes place in the Amazon jungle of Ecuador, pitting
30,000 indigenous and colonial rainforest dwellers against the U.S. oil
giant Chevron.

/Crude/ is a ground-level view of one of the most extraordinary legal
dramas of our time, one that has the potential of forever changing the
way international business is conducted. While the environmental impact
of the consumption of fossil fuels has been increasingly documented in
recent years, /Crude/ focuses on the human cost of our addiction to oil
and the increasingly difficult task of holding a major corporation
accountable for its past deeds.

Awards: *Winner: /Best Documentaries of the Year/* – National Board of
Review*, International Green Film Award* – Cinema for Peace*/, Best
International Documentary/* – One World Media Awards*/, Grand Jury
Prize/* – Independent Film Festival of Boston, */Grand Jury Prize/* –
Yale Environmental Film Festival, */Grand Prize/ *- 27e Festival
International du Film d’Environnement*/, World Wildlife Fund Documentary
Award/* – Thessaloniki Documentary Festival.... (and many more).

3.  ARE YOU STRESSED OUT:  A 5 week *Integrative Stress
Management* course on Thursdays from April 1 - April 29th, 7-9pm.   Cost
$125.00
The 5 week class will teach effective stress reduction skills based on
ancient wisdom and embraced by respected modern scientists. To Register
and more information  contact Sylvia Dolce at 650-223-4087, email:
sylviadolce at yahoo.com <mailto:sylviadolce at yahoo.com>.

To unsubscribe from WCentric mailing list pls send email to
wcevents-unsubscribe at worldcentric.org

Thanks - Aseem
World Centric
2121 Staunton Ct, Palo Alto, CA 94306