[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Make it personal

Eric A. Meece eameece at sfo.com
Thu Mar 18 14:48:07 PDT 2010

Repower America
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Boundy, Repower America
To: Eric Meece
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:36 PM
Subject: Make it personal

            Dear Eric,

            On Monday, Al Gore made an impassioned call-to-arms for a clean energy revolution.

            More than 10,000 supporters like you joined the Vice President on a call to discuss the next steps in our fight for strong climate and clean energy legislation. Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown shared his positive perspective on prospects for bill passage in the Senate this spring, the need for grassroots supporters to get involved right now, and the difference you're already making.

            Listen to highlights from Monday's call with Al Gore and take action for a clean energy revolution now!

            The U.S. Senate is in the process of drafting clean energy and climate legislation. But with lobbyists from big oil and their front groups whispering in Senators' ears every day and corporate polluters pouring millions of dollars into ads, we have to fight back with all our strength to make sure we pass a strong bill this year.

            We've heard directly from Senate offices that one of the most meaningful and effective ways to deliver a message to our elected officials is with a handwritten letter. And by sending a personal letter, we're demanding that our Senators respond. Which is why we've set an ambitious goal: delivering over 150,000 handwritten letters demanding the Senate pass a strong bill this year!

            Will you take a few minutes to listen to an update from Al Gore and write your Senator a personal, handwritten letter in support of strong clean energy and climate legislation?

            http://cpaf.repoweramerica.org/lettersn

            If there's one thing our elected officials cannot deny, it's the voice of their constituents.

            Writing these letters is easy and important -- and we'll show you how. We will provide sample letters, talking points, and your Senator's address -- all you need to bring is a passion about the climate crisis and a commitment to America's clean energy future.

            So please take just a few minutes and write your Senator today.

            Help us reach our goal of 150,000 handwritten letters demanding a strong clean energy and climate bill this year.

            The time is now. The revolution has arrived. And the voice for change is yours.

            So please, make sure our Senators know that this time, it's personal.

            Thanks for all you do,

            Dave Boundy
            Campaign Manager
            The Climate Protection Action Fund's Repower America campaign

            RepowerAmerica.org | Facebook | Twitter | Unsubscribe

Paid for by the Climate Protection Action Fund