[GPSCC-chat] [Sosfbay-discuss] Bay Area Campaign Kickoff for Laura Wells

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sat Mar 20 09:37:16 PDT 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 10:33 PM, Wes Rolley wrote:

> Actually, we are getting some good press.  Laura was on KPIX TV last night and also mentioned on KQED Radio / and possibly on KPFA.  Here is the KPIX link. http://cbs5.com/video/?id=61152@kpix.dayport.com

I agree.  She did well, but fluffed a bit on the important question about the dropping Green Party numbers.

 She needs to be vetted on the hard-hitting same-old-same-old questions of "spoiler" and GP as only a party for DISAFFECTED Dems/GOPers.  We have an agenda, and it's one that people want.  More Dems left for the GOP than Dems voting for Nader in that infamous 2000 election.  We need to jump on those myths with quick comebacks that frame our presence in ANY election more effectively.

We don't throw away our vote when we vote GP.  People who don't vote are doing that, and those who vote for the majors hoping for change are throwing away their votes.

A GP vote is a POWERFUL vote for real change.

Registration with GP is a POWERFUL act for real change.

Overthrowing the majors is unlikely to be a ONE election job.  It's going to take real ADULTS to be able to plan ahead, perhaps for TWO or even THREE elections!  (Imagine!  Can we put our shoulders into getting the pigs out of the trough?)

And then we have to resist going BACK to the majors because they have thrown a few crumbs, or maybe even a BIG bone to stop the GP's growing power to move politics to the left!   Just think how much fun it could be to see a real, sustainable progressive movement that shakes off myths and infiltrators hell bent on stopping the REAL Green revolution!

> I think that Greens spend too much time trashign the media and don't spend enough time working the media.  That has to change. I'm working on it.
>
> Do you know Charlotte Casey?  She is working on an International Women's Day march same weekend as the GA.  I'm talking to Laura about taking time off from the GA to do the march.   That is 1 idea.

Wes, you are one of the best strategists I know.  Another is HC4A's Bechler in SF.  Together, you two could run the Progressive movement!  <grin>
Andrea