[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Prop 14 (Top Two) forum in Santa Clara on Tuesday, March 23 AM

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Mar 21 17:51:26 PDT 2010

       Why is this obviously bad for third parties?

       What evidence is available on this?

       The only evidence I see is the comparison with parliamentary
systems that go to a second round between the two candidates getting the
most votes if no candidate gets a majority.  Don't third parties do
better in such systems than in ours?

       Logic is a very poor tool for evaluating anything unless there is
a substantial empirical basis to show that the premises are valid.
Otherwise, seemingly great sounding but fallacious premises lead to
erroneous conclusions.  That's why I ask for evidence.

       Spencer Graves