[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: [GPCA-MediaComm] Marin County Courthouse - I NEED SOME BUDDIES TODAY!

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Nov 2 08:21:48 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[GPCA-MediaComm] Marin County Courthouse - I NEED SOME BUDDIES
TODAY!
Date: 	Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:58:24 -0700
From: 	Laura Wells <lwlaura at yahoo.com>
To: 	Media - Green Party of California Party
<gpca-mediawg at cagreens.org>, Greens - GPCA CCWG Greens - GPCA CCWG
<gpca-ccwg at cagreens.org>

Hello -

The D.A.'s office decided not to proceed at this time, but we've put it
out that I'll be at the court house at 12:30pm for a press conference
and so I will go - see press release below.   Sure will be nice to have
some folks with me, so please RSVP if you can be there, or if you can
help get some buddies there!

Good luck to us all!

Laura

*
*Laura Wells*
*Green Party Candidate for Governor*
P.O. Box 10727, Oakland, CA 94610

www.LauraWells.org <http://www.LauraWells.org>
*

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, Nov. 1, 2010
Contact: Laura Wells 510-504-4254 or Cres Vellucci 916-996-9170
Assignment Desk/Daybook

*Gubernatorial candidate spends Election Day Tuesday at arraignment;
Green Party's Laura Wells fights charges, chooses Matt Gonzalez as her
lawyer*

SAN RAFAEL, CA. – California gubernatorial candidate Laura Wells of the
Green Party will spend her election day Tuesday, Nov. 2 appearing for
her arraignment here on misdemeanor trespassing charges for the "crime"
of attending a Governor's Debate Oct. 12 at Dominican University.

Wells will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. at the MARIN COUNTY
COURTHOUSE, Dept. N at 12:30 p.m. (3501 Civic Center Drive). Her court
appearance is at 1 p.m.

Wells has retained former San Francisco Supervisor Matt Gonzalez as her
attorney.

Wells (www.laurawells.org <http://www.laurawells.org>) was banned from
the debate Oct. 12 because only the Democratic and Republican nominees
for Governor were allowed to debate. However, when she attempted only to
sit in the audience to watch, Wells was hauled away, handcuffed and
arrested.

In the last few days, nearly 1,000 people have signed a petition asking
the Marin County DA office dismiss all charges, and investigate those
responsible for her arrest. The petition states: "Laura Wells, the Green
candidate for Governor of California, was arrested on Oct. 12, 2010 at
the California Governor's Debate. Her arrest is a violation of her civil
rights. She had a ticket and the right to attend the debate. We request
that you dismiss the criminal charge against Ms. Wells and launch an
investigation into why she was arrested."

Wells, who garnered more than 400,000 votes when she ran for Controller
in 2002 on the Green ticket, is a financial analyst who talks about
solutions – not politics – to California's budget mess.

Among many other solutions to the state's woes, Wells wants to "reform"
Prop. 13 so it benefits individuals and small businesses, as was
promised, not large corporations. She is promoting the concept of a
"State Bank" that would partner with local banks and make loans to
residents, including students for college loans and profit California,
not private, Wall-Street bailed-out banks.

-30-

**

*