[GPSCC-chat] Notes from General Meeting--December Party!

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Tue Nov 16 15:37:57 PST 2010

I didn't want to interrupt the meeting for this, but
how does one "recycle" CDs and DVDs?  CDs are made of
polycarbonate, with a layer of aluminum so thin it's
not worth recovering but thick enough to contaminate
the stock.  DVDs the same except there's some
organic dye instead of Al.  I can see burning them
for fuel, or melting them into picnic tables, but I never
heard of polycarbonate recycling.  It's the "#7" plastic,
and San Jose takes #1 through #6 curbside.

-Cameron