[GPSCC-chat] [Fwd: Fwd: [gpsmc-d] Fwd: [usgp-dx] Video: KCRA news report on Laura Well's arrest]

Dana St. George danasg at greens.org
Wed Oct 13 14:37:17 PDT 2010

Dear Mr. Thorwaldson,

	What is happening in this country?  How can the police stop a legitimate political
candidate from attending an event?  Ms. Wells, the Green Party candidate for Governor, had
a verified ticket and was peacefully about to attend the Democratic/Republican
gubernatorial debate in San Rafael when she was stopped and led away by the police.

	I am shocked and saddened that my candidate for Governor is being victimized in this way.
  Actually, Ms. Wells and the other independent candidates should have been included in
the debates.  The fact that they have been excluded (like Mr. Nader before them) indicates
that we do not live in a democracy, after all.  We live in a country controlled by
corporations and a political landscape people by corporate-sponsored candidates.  Fascism,
as defined by Wikipedia, is an authoritarian political system dominated by corporate
interests.  The people are ignorant of other choices they might have because of collusion
by the press to suppress or ignore other political ideas.

	It is the responsibility of a free press to accurately describe the political
situation and report it to the people.

Sincerely,

Dana Marie St. George
Santa Clara County Green Party Member