[GPSCC-chat] Update On Arrest

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 22:53:33 PDT 2010

As you know, Laura Wells, Green Party candidate for Governor
of California was arrested yesterday in San Rafael, California.

The charge is trespassing, which I have been told is a
misdemeanor, and could mean 6 months to a year in jail.

She is now scheduled to appear in court on November 2,
election day.  But in my experience the date may change.

NOTE: On the issue of being excluded from the debate,
Laura says 2 things:
1) she received a letter inviting her to the debates provided
    that she received 10% support in a poll,
2) at least one poll asked people if they preferred Brown or
    Whitman, (no other option was provided), and if anyone
    declared preference for another, he was put in the
    "undecided" category.

This is not just an affront to Laura, it is also a blow
against civil liberties and democracy.

For more info:

Laura Wells for Governor website (including statement
about arrest):
http://www.laurawells.org/

Green Party of California (including a news release and
links to various media stories):
http://cagreens.org/

Green Party of the United States (including a press
release and a link to a news story):
http://gp.org/

California Greening video:
http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2010/10/laura-wells-green-party-candidate.html

Gerry

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."