[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Congratulations! YOU are what democracy looks like!

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Sep 24 22:15:28 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Congratulations! YOU are what democracy looks like!
Date: 	Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:10:37 -0500
From: 	Jill Stein <info at jillstein.org>
To: 	wrolley at charter.net

Jill Stein for Governor of Massachusetts <http://www.jillstein.org>

Dear friends and supporters,

YOU DID IT! *YOU blew past the $100,000* we needed to *ensure our place
in the media consortium debate.* Our voices will be heard! Voters will
get to hear real vision and practical proposals for our common wealth
and common health - not just the petty bickering of Beacon Hill insiders
avoiding real issues.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL!  Today just before the 5 p.m. deadline campaign
staffers turned in qualifying contributions of *over $129,000* to the
state's Office of Campaign and Political Finance (OCPF) - exceeding the
required threshold for state matching funds. We are optimistic that the
application will be approved, and we will keep you posted. If it is
approved, we will have qualified our campaign for public financing, and
every dollar we raise between now and the end of October will be matched
by the state.

No matter what happens, though, it's clear that *a groundswell for
democracy is rising up in this campaign*. People sacrificed, people
dropped everything, people put their lives on hold to make sure that we
reached the threshold for *debate inclusion* and would *not be silenced
by the corporate press* - and that we qualified for *public finance
matching funds*. Your hard work and inspiration made it happen. Money is
continuing to come in from all over the commonwealth, from everyday
people who are fed up with the bailouts, layoffs, ripoffs and payoffs,
and who are ready for  the healthy, secure green commonwealth that's
within our reach today!

Thank you again, on behalf of my campaign and that of my running mate,
Rick Purcell, for everything you've done. *This is just the beginning*.
There are five and a half weeks until November 2nd!  Let's catch our
breath and jump in to the next round. With your determination, we've
consistently beaten the odds. Let's keep it up - and *on November 2nd,
let's give the Commonwealth an election night they won't soon forget.*

Upward,
jill

PS - Join me and other campaign supporters for "The Beans, Rice &
Cornbread Jazz & Blues Breakfast New Orleans Style!" that our friend,
Mel King, has put together today, Saturday, Sept 25, from 10am-1pm.  The
event will benefit The South End Technology Center, and will take place
at The Columbus Avenue AME Zion Church, 600 Columbus Ave.  Mel King is
the founder of the Rainbow Coalition Party (the Rainbow in
"Green-Rainbow") and a veteran leader in the struggle for social and
economic justice.  After the breakfast, we'll head to the Beantown Jazz
Festival to flyer and talk to voters.  If you'd like to join the fun,
call Field Director Dante Comparetto at (508) 740-4092.

donate button <http://www.jillstein.org/contribute/>

*GET INVOLVED!*

· To join the volunteer team, go here
<http://www.jillstein.org/pages/get-involved/volunteer>

· To make a donation, go here <http://www.jillstein.org/contribute/>

· To contact the campaign, write us here
<http://www.jillstein.org/contact/>

· To subscribe or unsubscribe to this weekly newsletter, see the bottom
of this newsletter.

See Jill's Facebook page. Stein facebook link
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jill-Stein-for-Governor-of-Massachusetts/316346632641>
Find Jill on Twitter:Stein Twitter link
<http://twitter.com/jillsteinforgov/>
Find Jill on Youtube: Stein Youtube link
<http://www.youtube.com/JillSteinforGov>

Jill Stein for Governor web site: www.jillstein.org
<http://www.jillstein.org>

[Change Subscription