[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Regional Rep Candidate

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sat Apr 23 20:02:49 PDT 2011

We are in the process of electing a new Reg Rep and Alternates to the state
Coordinating Committee.

Warner Bloomberg is the sole candidate for Reg Rep. Spencer Graves volunteered
for Alt Rep when San Mateo County was unable to recruit a candidate. We try to
have the Rep and Alt from different counties. I had also said I would like to
stay on as 2nd Alt for a few more months.

San Mateo announced on Apr. 15 that they have recruited Cindy Azrir for 1st
Alt. Her biography is copied below. Let me know if anyone wants the resume
that was originally attached.

Jim

Hi everyone.

Many (if not most) of you know me, but I'm attaching my Green Party resume for
those who don't.

Briefly: I have been involved with the Green Party since 2000 when I
volunteered with Ralph Nader's campaign in Nebraska and helped to found the
Nebraska Green Party.  Over the next five years in Nebraska, I served as the
Lancaster County chair, State Co-Chair, was a delegate to the national
convention (twice), served on the National Coordinating Committee, managed two
congressional campaigns, volunteered for the Cobb-LaMarche campaign, started
the Campus Green Party at the University of Nebraska, and worked as a regional
coordinator for the 2004 presidential vote recount in Ohio.  The Green Party
was a huge part of my life and I was (and still am) very passionate about the
values, ideology and work we need to do.

I moved to San Francisco in 2005 and for the 4 1/2 years I was there, I spent
most of my volunteer time and activist energy working on related issues for
other organizations: Environment California, the San Francisco Bike Coalition
and supporting and serving on the PTA Board at my daughter's alternative
elementary school (and working on public education in general).  But I always
voted Green, and stayed in touch with the Green community, candidates and
officials.  When I moved to Redwood Shores in 2009, I became involved with the
San Mateo Greens.  I would like to continue to be involved by serving as a
county rep, and as an alt rep on the State Coordinating Committee.

I will be heading to Arizona and New Mexico for a week starting tomorrow (with
spotty email and cell phone reception) but will be back for the next San Mateo
County meeting, and can answer any questions then.

Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Cindy
casrir at gmail.com