[GPSCC-chat] Regional Rep Candidate

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sun Apr 24 10:32:03 PDT 2011

    Jim forwarded a Microsoft Word document from Cindy Asrir, the San
    Mateo county candidate for regional rep.
    As list owner, I'm discarding that posting for size and format.
    Instead, I'm including the introductory text and attaching an HTML
    rendition of the "word file".
    Greens don't ask other Greens to use Microsoft products.

    /-Cameron/

We are in the process of electing a new Reg Rep and Alternates to the
state Coordinating Committee.

Warner Bloomberg is the sole candidate for Reg Rep. Spencer Graves
volunteered for Alt Rep when San Mateo County was unable to recruit a
candidate. We try to have the Rep and Alt from different counties. I had
also said I would like to stay on as 2nd Alt for a few more months.

San Mateo announced on Apr. 15 that they have recruited Cindy Azrir for
1st Alt. Her biography is copied below.

/Jim
/

Hi everyone.

Many (if not most) of you know me, but I'm attaching my Green Party
resume for those who don't.

Briefly: I have been involved with the Green Party since 2000 when I
volunteered with Ralph Nader's campaign in Nebraska and helped to found the
Nebraska Green Party.  Over the next five years in Nebraska, I served as
the Lancaster County chair, State Co-Chair, was a delegate to the national
convention (twice), served on the National Coordinating Committee,
managed two congressional campaigns, volunteered for the Cobb-LaMarche
campaign, started the Campus Green Party at the University of Nebraska,
and worked as a regional coordinator for the 2004 presidential vote
recount in Ohio.  The Green Party was a huge part of my life and I was
(and still am) very passionate about the values, ideology and work we
need to do.

I moved to San Francisco in 2005 and for the 4 1/2 years I was there, I
spent most of my volunteer time and activist energy working on related
issues for other organizations: Environment California, the San
Francisco Bike Coalition and supporting and serving on the PTA Board at
my daughter's alternative elementary school (and working on public
education in general).  But I always voted Green, and stayed in touch
with the Green community, candidates and officials.  When I moved to
Redwood Shores in 2009, I became involved with the San Mateo Greens.  I
would like to continue to be involved by serving as a county rep, and as
an alt rep on the State Coordinating Committee.

I will be heading to Arizona and New Mexico for a week starting tomorrow
(with spotty email and cell phone reception) but will be back for the
next San Mateo County meeting, and can answer any questions then.

Thank you and have a wonderful week!

/Cindy/
casrir at gmail.com