[GPSCC-chat] Millions Against Monsanto Truth-in-Labeling Campaign

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Mon Aug 15 11:35:44 PDT 2011

Hello Fellow Greens,

In my email I found the following message from the Organic Consumers
Association (OCA). It talks about a local event I would love to go to,
but it conflicts with this month's bike party, so I'm not going.
It's spot on with our platform, so I'm hoping someone else can be there!

Tian
_____________Begin forwarded message:

As part of OCA's Millions Against Monsanto Truth-in-Labeling Campaign we
are encouraging activists in our network to plan their own campaign
events with others in their area. This email is to inform you that there
is an upcoming event near you, organized by grassroots organizers who
care about the GE-labeling issue as much as you do.

You may have heard that California is poised to be the first state with
mandatory GMO labeling laws through the 2012 CA Ballot Initiative
process.  Polls show that we have the support to get this initiative on
the ballot and voted in - over 70% of those polled supported mandatory
labeling - but Monsanto and their minions have billions of dollars
invested in GMOs and millions of dollars they are willing to spend to
defeat this initiative.

These meetings are for activists to come together to learn about the
initiative, how we suggest being activists in your community and
organizing into a new cohesive group.   Please come ready to "roll your
sleeves up" and get to work on what we are sure will be a historic
ballot measure.

Friday, August, 19 - Sunnyvale
6pm
The Full Circle Farm, m1055 Dunford Way Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 735-8154
info at fullcirclesunnyvale.org
Local Contact: Betty bettybeekeeper at gmail.com

_____________End forwarded message.
(I snipped info on many non-local events to save bandwidth.)
--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org