[GPSCC-chat] Move To Amend language?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Aug 26 19:23:40 PDT 2011

Hello, All:

       An FAQ from the Move to Amend web site, in partial answer to a
question at last night's meeting:

       What is the actual language of the amendments?

A number of different versions of democracy amendments dealing with
corporate personhood, votings rights, and local democracy are currently
under discussion. We deliberately have not chosen specific language at
this time because we believe that the drafting process must involve many
diverse individuals and organizations. Yes, lawyers and law professors
are among our steering committee and our wider circle of counselors;
however, their opinions are not the only ones that we will taken into
account in offering model language for the democracy amendments.

http://movetoamend.org/frequently-asked-questions-0

       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD