[GPSCC-chat] Move To Amend and the Tea Party

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Aug 26 19:43:34 PDT 2011

Hello, All:

       The Tea Party Patriots, Inc. [ a social welfare organization
organized under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code]
distributed an announcement for the August 12 Move to Amend NY Tour
event in Endicott, NY
(www.teapartypatriots.org/BlogPostView.aspx?id=d57555fb-c40b-4124-9f38-4866368f4f7f
<http://www.teapartypatriots.org/BlogPostView.aspx?id=d57555fb-c40b-4124-9f38-4866368f4f7f>).
The announcement says, "Information will be provided about the issue and
facilitate a discussion about local action in your area and in
communities across the United States to win the amendment campaign
through grassroots mobilization."

       One blogger claims that Move To Amend leader David 'Cobb is
crossing ideological lines by teaming up with Tea Party members to make
this "move" a reality.'
(http://gdaeman.blogspot.com/2010/01/move-to-amend.html)

       I suggest we try to contact a local Tea Party group to see if
they are interested in supporting in some way the Sept. 12 event.  The
Koch brothers, who reportedly are providing most of the financing for
the Tea Party, might not support Move To Amend, though I would not rule
that out either.  However if half the audience on Sept. 12 is from the
Tea Party, I think most would support the idea.  If some corporation
pays someone to try to disrupt the event, it could backfire on them.

       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer