[GPSCC-chat] Obama & Economic Recovery

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 08:30:49 PDT 2011

One last point I want to make on this thread.  Even if Obama and the Democrats did what they say they want to do on behalf of working people I would still likely disagree with them.  I repeat.  Even if... Obama and the Democrats did what they say they want to do on behalf of working people... I would still likely disagree with them.

Why?

Because like most Greens, I am no longer on "the same page" with so-called liberal Democrats.  Please comment on what I wrote on California Greening about the "Left-Right" and "Libertarian-Authoritarian" and "Green-Gray" dimensions for describing political parties and politicians.

Democrats say: "Put Americans back to work!" But they want to put us back to work doing stuff that is unsustainable. Both California Republicans and Democrats talk about bringing back the "California dream" but the California dream was based on cheap land, cheap energy, and cheap water. And both Republicans and Democrats want to accomplish their goals through a top-down authoritarian regime.

I am convinced the growing conflict between stand patters for "Gray"industry (Republicans, Democrats, and the "Old Left") and innovators for "Green" industry constitutes a third dimension.And it's along this third dimension where the great 21st Century politicalstruggles are forming.

The irrelevance and divisiveness of the phony debate betweenso-called conservative Republicans and so-called liberal Democratsis why I plead for Greens, Libertarians, and all other serious independentsto quit propping up the One-Party-With-2-Names by framing our dissent withold clichés, slogans, and stereotypes.

Read more to see the "Political Compass" test prologue.  Check it out, take the test,then post a comment on my blog at California Greening:

http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2011/08/3d-politics-political-compass-and.html
http://tinyurl.com/3t6pze4

Alex Walker