[GPSCC-chat] Obama & Economic Recovery

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Aug 31 18:11:53 PDT 2011

Well said Spencer!

________________________________
From: Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>
To: alexcathy at aol.com
Cc: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
Sent: Wed, August 31, 2011 2:14:35 AM
Subject: Re: [GPSCC-chat] Obama & Economic Recovery

Hi, Alex:  I concur.  In the 1970s, Gore Vidal said that the US had a one-party
system with two right wings.  I call in the Party of Institutionalized Bribery.
Whether you vote for the Republican Party of Institutionalized Bribery or the
Democratic Party of Institutionalized Bribery, if you vote for a candidate with
a campaign budget raised substantially from large "contributors", you are voting
for bribery.  I'm through voting for bribery.  Spencer Graves

On 8/30/2011 9:50 PM, alexcathy at aol.com wrote:
Dear Green Friends,

>My problem with this kind of analysis (supposedly comes "from the Left") is the
>presumption that Mr. Obama and the Democrats do what they do because the "Tea
>Party" or the Republicans or "Wall Street" or "racists" make them do what they
>would otherwise not do.
>

>I used to think that.  No more.  In 2008, Obama, himself, proved that you could
>raise plenty of money with small to mid-sized donations.  In 2012 he'll have the
>advantage of being an incumbent president running against a GOP plainly being
>run by idiots.
>

>No! No! No!
>
>Obama and his boys do what they do because they believe in "trickle-down"
>economics no less than the Republicans.  Ralph Nader, for one, has painstakingly
>been documenting this now for more than a decade.  I mean, look at Jerry Brown,
>Diane Feinstein and the Democrats right here in California.  Except for the
>"culture war" and "social issues" there really is no significant difference
>between them.  And I say this as an African-American who loathes Republican
>so-called conservatives for forty years of race-baiting.  But I know what I've
>seen, including what I've seen from Black and Latino Democrats in 4 states and
>the District of Columbia.
>

>Clinton, Gore, Lieberman, Clinton, Edwards, and Obama!  My friends, this is not
>your mother's Democratic Party.
>

>Alex Walker

--  Spencer Graves, PE, PhD President and Chief Technology Officer Structure
Inspection and Monitoring, Inc. 751 Emerson Ct. San José, CA 95126 ph:
408-655-4567 web:  www.structuremonitoring.com