[GPSCC-chat] Occupy movement: 12/12 West Coast Port Blockade

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Tue Dec 6 08:41:26 PST 2011

As of November 27, 2011, the Occupy movement in every major West Coast
port city has joined Occupy Oakland in calling for and organizing a
coordinated West Coast Port Blockade and Shutdown on December 12, 2011.
Here is the six-minute video:
http://www.occupyoakland.org/

“We’re shutting down these ports because of the union busting and
attacks on the working class by the 1%: the firing of Port truckers
organizing at SSA terminals in LA; the attempt to rupture ILWU union
jurisdiction in Longview, WA by EGT.  ..."

“We are also striking back against the nationally coordinated attack on
the Occupy movement. In response to the police violence and camp
evictions against the Occupy movement- This is our coordinated response
against the 1%. On December 12th we will show are collective power
through pinpointed economic blockade of the 1%.”

Each Occupy is organizing plans for a mass mobilization and community
pickets to shut down their local Port. The mobilization of over 60,000
people that shut down the Port of Oakland during the general strike on
November 2, 2011 is the model for the West Coast efforts. Organizers
state that a police attempt to disrupt the port blockade or police
violence against any city participating will extend duration of the
blockade on the entire coast.

--
Rob Means,1421 Yellowstone Ave., Milpitas, CA 95035-6913
408-262-0420h, 408-262-8975w, rob.means at electric-bikes.com