[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: 12/6/11: Shopping With A Conscience and 12/11 Holiday Craft Fair

Azure Sea azuresea4me at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:00:22 PST 2011

FYI - Lori

---------- Forwarded message ----------

*Shopping With a Conscience: Finding Socially Responsible Gifts*
*Tuesday, December 6, 7:00 PM*
Community Media Center
900 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto
FREE and open to all. Wheelchair accessible.

Craig Wiesner and Derrick Kikuchi
Founders, Reach and Teach

The holiday shopping season is upon us and U.S. consumerism is in full
swing.  How can we be sure our purchases are socially responsible?  What
makes for good gifts for the activists on your list -- old, young or in
between?  How can we be sure an item really is "fair trade" or "green"?

Our guests are the founders of Reach and Teach, the peace and social
justice learning company.  Reach and Teach specializes in "teachable
moments" -- gifts that offer learning as well as amusement, that spur a
social conscience rather than just more consumerism.

In addition to exploring the ins and outs of shopping for a better world,
we'll also have a product demonstration of some of Reach and Teach's
neatest and coolest items!

http://www.peaceandjustice.org/programs/Other_Voices_TV/

 *Holiday Peace & Social Justice Crafts & Info Fair*
Sunday, December 11
11:00 AM - 2:30PM
Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church
1140 Cowper Street, Palo Alto
FREE and open to all. Wheelchair accessible.

Celebrate the great work being done by organizations in our community and
around the world!

Toys ~ Fair Trade Crafts ~ Books ~ Art ~ Music ~ DVDs ~ Games ~ Puzzles ~
Jewelry ~ Decorations

* Help promote fair trade while doing your holiday shopping!
* Learn about great social justice & peacemaking organizations!
* Reduce your carbon footprint this holiday season
* Enjoy free holiday snacks & beverages

Have fun!

Sponsored by
Peninsula Peace and Justice Center & First Presbyterian Church of Palo Alto

http://www.peaceandjustice.org/programs/Holiday_Fair_2011/<http://e2ma.net/go/7370380786/208761788/226999582/1407765/goto:http://www.peaceandjustice.org/programs/Holiday_Fair_2011/>