[GPSCC-chat] Two Environment Speeches

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sat Dec 10 20:18:08 PST 2011

Gerry, thank you putting these two speeches together.   They belong that
way.

I am so depressed that so little has changed between 1992 and Ms.
Appadurai's speech today.  We are still going down the same road and it
is looking more and more like The Road of Cormac McCarthy.

This weekend, I am working on another of my Morgan Hill Times columns.
It will have a harsher tone than any that I have written so far.  But,
as Ms. Appadurai said, we have "5 years at the most" until climate
change is "irrevocable."  The column is for Tuesday, Dec. 13.

While I support what Move to Amend... and Bernie Sanders... are trying
to do, we don't have time to pass such an amendment.  By the time that
happens, the corporate propaganda machine will have doomed this planet,
or at least life as we know it and which our children and grand children
will have to suffer through.

What action will we all take today, tomorrow?  I will continue to write
and hope to change other minds.