[GPSCC-chat] agenda item - open letter to the Green Party

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 3 20:15:54 PST 2011

Joe Giambrone,  mail4joeg at hotmail.com wrote an open letter
to the Green Party which was posted on op ed news.com on January 14-th.

Here is the link to the open letter:
*http://tinyurl.com/4uts3p9
*
He sent copies of his open letter to all of the CA county /Green Parties
as well as to various individuals including
Jim Stauffer, Warner Bloomberg, Dana ST George, Merriam Kathaleen

He introduces his real topic with
I'll not harp on this, as my own interest in the party was primarily
to help on the state and local level: to build.  *And this brings me to
my real topic: /a completely broken system of bringing in new members.

He offers to make videos:
/*I could be crafting popular viral videos to promote the
 laudable Green principles and platform
<http://www.cagreens.org/platform/10k.shtml>, but there's no direct
connection to
or involvement with this monolith of an organization, which exists quite
apart
from average shmucks like me.  So where's the incentive?

*/On the web site
/**http://tinyurl.com/4z7xlxm

*He offers 5 suggestions for actions aimed to improve the outreach
of the Green Party and a short list of suggested topics for videos.

I request that there be an agenda item discussing how his suggestions
could benefit us, and, jumping ahead, which topics we would choose
as our priorities for videos that he or others whom he has contact with
could make for us.

We could, for example, show them at the Friday night movie nights
in the San Jose Peace Center.

Put on your thinking caps and bring the ideas to the next meeting.
This agenda item should be set for at least 15 minutes, possibly even
30 minutes.

Jim Doyle

*
**/